Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Recovering a Lamp with Hemp Cord

So I was given some nursery items (Dust ruffle, mobile, quilt, etc.) that came with a matching lamp from one of my cousins. The lamp was covered in nautical animals which was cute but wasn't the direction I was going for Baby Liam's nursery. So then took the nautical animals off the lamp and did some creative thinking with some hemp cord I had laying around.


I started hot glueing the hemp cord to the base of the lamp and wrapped and glued and wrapped and glued.


Once I wrapped all the way to the top, I wrapped it one more time to build up a layer of hemp cord to be level with the surface of the top of the lamp.


Then I continued wrapping and glueing the hemp cord around the top of the lamp. I tried keep all sides even while glueing around the lamp.


Once I got close to the end I cut the hemp cord from the ball and glued the tail down before glueing down the rest of the hemp cord around the lamp post.


And VOILA! Beautiful, rustic lamp! This will go so nicely with my mobile I made last week. Stay tuned for pictures of it along with my bumper once I get it re-covered.









♥ Mrs. Suzie

No comments:

Post a Comment